Saturday, March 20, 2010

How is the process like?

I've been getting some questions on how is process of drawing is actually like.
So, I'm just gonna dedicate a post just for the process though I've roughly mentioned it via the "Ask Somemore" post.

So here goes:

1. Pencil drafting















2. Overlay with pen















3. Brush if necessary















4. Erase the pencil drafts















5. Scan















6. Edit in photoshop (to add texts, or correct certain parts)














7. Done!


For a single post, all the process maybe sum up to 3-6 hours and it takes less than 5 minutes to read :(
Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy this site.

In case you are curious, this sketch is done for the CCA-Club I'm (and I sketched it just for fun and to promote them abit lolz) in and they are organizing this IT Flair, you can go to http://nussucblc.wordpress.com for more info. If you are in NUS, you might want to come and look around.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG you sure you spent 5-6 hours?! okay, I don't mean to say I don't believe... But that's like... You got so much time meh.. 1/4 of your day gone leh..

William said...

edited. It's should be 3-6 hours. Well, yeah the range is quite big, so i feel like emphasizing on the backgrounds, I will spend more time on the comic.
1/4 day is actually quite short but since I started to draw these stuffs, I have to do my homeworks over the weekend or I have to skip my dota sessions with my friends.
haha..
Drawing all this is pretty fun but it makes me antisocial =(

Anonymous said...

ahhh c'mon. dota doesnt make u social anyway LOL probably drawing these will be more social LOL

InScythe said...

lol... remind me of my long past self... kinda makes me wanna take my pen (or rather, pencil) back up and draw again...

ah... the pain of cleaning pics in photoshop >.<

You might also like

Related Posts with Thumbnails